Monday, July 9, 2012

Trending: Ombre Nails



 


And here I thought I was so creative and original! I’ve since seen this idea on another blog, as well as in a magazine [or so I hear…I haven’t seen the magazine myself yet] But in both places, the ombre was done pink-to-orange [which I love] so I will continue to think of myself as original and creative with my blue-to-green nails. This look brings me back to that time when I was six years old, and finally allowed to wear nail polish, so I painted each nail a different color. Doesn't this look like a more grown-up, sophisticated version of that childhood moment? [Am I alone in that memory? I feel as though it is a rite-of-passage for every girl; A self-initiation, of sorts, into the wonderful, colorful world of nail polish.] To me, it’s what summer is all about: exploring your inner child and letting your hair down [theoretically, of course. If you’re living local than you know the heat in these parts has not made wearing your hair down even an option lately]. And if you make subtle enough changes nail to nail, dark pink to light pink for example, it can even be an office friendly way to celebrate summer.  
The colors from left to right
1. L'Oreal Jet Set to Paris
2. Funky Fingers Volts
3.
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away
4.
Sinful Colors Green
5.
Essie Turquoise & Caicos

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this with pinks/oranges this week - great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete