Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Year of the Woman

Considering the Olympic Games come around every two years, you wouldn't think I'd have enough time to forget how completely obsessed with them I am. So far, I've downloaded both iPhone apps [yes, as in two] and my DVR is already approaching half full with the show's I normally love but am currently ignoring. My corner of the world has no time for anything that's not on NBC or Bravo lately. I was absolutely shocked to learn that this Olympics marks the first time in history that every single competing country has sent at least one female athlete. Saudi Arabia, Brunei, and Qatar all sent women to this Olympic Games for the first time in history. Below are some of my favorite photos of women-in-action from what is being dubbed the "London Games: the year of the woman"









No comments:

Post a Comment