Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Neutral Territory

With the recent change of season, I expected a shift in the no-bright-is-too-bright color trend of this summer. And while the colors are changing slightly, from electric blue to a deeper cobalt and a neon yellow to a more subtle olive, neutrals seem to have gotten lost in the shuffle. Maybe that's why these three pictures below stood out to me on Gilt a few days ago, and why I had to physically restrain myself from ordering every piece shown. I love the play on textures and the unexpected color combinations. With the vibrant colors stealing the spotlight lately, I find this palette remarkably refreshing.

 

I wish I could remember what boutiques on Gilt these came from. I screen captured them on my iPhone and never looked back. Unfortunately the sale is over now but if anyone recognizes them, leave it in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment