Monday, August 6, 2012

The Color Run

In a few weeks I will be running in the color run in Englishtown, New Jersey. I haven't entered a race in a few years and I'm finding myself unexpectedly nervous. It's a distance I've run many times before so I'm not entirely certain where the nerves are coming from. Luckily, I'm not doing it solo; I've joined a team with a group of friends. Last time I attempted to run with a group of people, during Manasquan's Turkey Trot in 2010, the five of us were separated sometime within the first mile- not to meet up again until the after-race party at a bar located on the race route. We've gotten smarter over the years, so hopefully our team t-shirts this time around will keep us from losing one another again.

The color run just came to our area recently; I've only heard about it within the last year or so. Has anyone ever run in one before? The pictures from the website look like great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment