Thursday, August 9, 2012

USA! USA!

I'm a fast person, by nature. I walk fast. I talk fast. Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals are a god send because who can wait longer than that once one decides one is hungry? And I like my sports fast. I'm a huge football fan [Giants], I enjoy hockey [Rangers - but if I'm being honest, I only watch when its the playoffs] and while I have teams that I root for in baseball and soccer, I could never really get into the actual sport. Too much lay time, not enough action.

This all changed during the 2011 Women's World Cup. One year later, I find myself still deep in the throes of an intense love affair with the entire US Olympic Team. The gold medal match is in two hours [EST] and my excitement level is equivalent to that of the kid on Christmas who's not allowed to go downstairs yet. I'm grinning ear to ear and if you look closely, my left leg is jiggling every time I sit still. [That description might be better fitted had I compared my excitement level to that of a dog waiting for a bone but we're just going to ride this one out together.]

Good luck, ladies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment